Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Coconut rough

So I made some chocolate fudgey mini coconut roughs today with WildChild, based off a fudge recipe on Pinterest which was based off a recipe from the book Practical Paleo.
So it is quite possibly nothing at all like the original, but they are still amazingly delicious!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup nut butter (I used a combination, containing macadamia, almond, brazil and cashew)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

(Everything should be virgin and organic and blessed by the Dalai Lama obviously, but I'm super poor so I paid half the price and didn't get the good stuff unfortunately, sorry if that disappoints you)

Instructions:
1. Mix all the stuff together. Oh melt the oil first if you don't live in the tropics like me.
2. Put in mini cupcake coloured-paper-holdy-shape-thingies
3. Refrigerate

4. Nom them up!


These are what we in the notblessedwithamazingmetabolisms world call "treats", or "sometimes foods".
I really really want to keep eating them and eating them, but I also don't want to completely screw my blood sugar, and insulin, and other hormone stuffs (ya know?) so I stopped at two. But I'm warning you, make these for when there are plenty of other people around!



No comments:

Post a Comment