Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Paleo breakfast, er, pudding?

So I made something for breakfast this morning but I really don't know how to classify it. I was going for a porridge type thing, but it has eggs in, is that allowed?

Anyways it's got a porridge-ish consistency and it is very very filling and satisfying and just a little bit sweet (I know, I know, it's bad to break the fast with sweets, but it's only a little bit... That's fine sometimes right?)

Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut cream
- vanilla essence
- heaped tbsp of nut butter of your choice
- about 1/2 cup of shredded and/or dedicated coconut (I used a combo)

Method:
- whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla together in a small non-stick saucepan
- turn the heat to low/medium, stir in the nut butter and coconut and continue stirring while it cooks
- when it has thickened to a consistency that you like (like maybe when it looks like the eggs are cooked) take it off and put it in a bowl and gobble it

Tip: Drizzling a tiny bit of honey and coconut cream over the top made it super delicious

Oh also, I could barely fit a quarter of this in my belly, it is so filling. But I don't usually eat breakfast at all, so there's that. I'm just saying, it could possibly feed 2-3 people depending on appetites :)

Another also: WildChild loved it! She had some fruit alongside but still ate more than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment